The World’s Largest Arctic Cat Dealer!
SportsCat is a full line Arctic Cat, E-Z-GO, and Textron off Road dealer. Our client started small and over the years has grown to become the largest Arctic Cat dealer in the world. They feel this success has been attributed to living by the motto: “Commitment to Service, Passion for Excellence.” AdornCommercehas been the tech partner of SportsCat from the beginning. And we have been working with our client to add lots of features in the website as time passed.
Website of SportsCat is running in Magento 2 on Nexcess’s 2XL server, as the site is very much heavy and with huge traffic all the time. It is holding around 150k catalog sizes and around the same numbers of customers.
A client is the CEO of SportsCat from the USA and he reached us via skype. The business of clients was expanding and they wanted their customers to give facilities to make purchases online by remaining in their city and deliver the order at their place. Also the client had a large number of products and variations and also with versions of years. Initially clients wanted to build an eCommerce website in Magento 1 enterprise and after the arrival of Magento 2, we have migrated the website to Magento 2 community edition In between, we had done lots of feature additions in the website as per the business need.
Our Work Approach
Our team analyzed the requirements of the client and made a plan on how the work will start and decided the initial timeline and milestones. As this project is very big proper planning was needed. Our team lead created the list of tasks and mapped out the process of how work will start and carry forward to another milestone one by one. This helped in completing initial project development very fast. All the code was managed on our secure server and is centralized. Code quality and quality assessment is being taken everyday as the work from this client is continuous.
Number of developers working on this project: 3 Developers (2 Backend Developer and 1 Frontend Developer)
- Magento 2 community edition
- Zingle integration: Zingle Communication Platform with Mirasvit Help Desk extension in Magento 2 for the automation of the helpdesk tickets via customer messages on Zingle Channel.
- Estimated Delivery Date: Customized feature for the estimated delivery dates for the shipping methods coming from ShipperHQ platform in Magento 2.
- Custom Features development: Request Quotes, Credit Application Form & Loan Calculator in Magento 2.
- Out of Stock in search result: Show the out of stock items in search results but not in the catalog. Working smoothly with Elastic Search Engine on the site.
- Replacement Parts: Replace old products with new products.
- Packaged QTY: Add products if available in the package. Also compatible with the replacement part feature.
- Split Order: To manage instock and out of stock products while customer adds multiple items to the cart.
After migrating to Magento 2 community edition, clients required various features among which we faced many challenges while development.
While developing the module about the estimated delivery date of a product, we have to manage holidays, blackout days, cutoff times, etc. which differs with shipping methods. And the most challenging part was shipping methods and options are coming from ShipperHQ and customize the delivery dates coming from it as well.
Another challenge was in developing replacement products features. Scenarios like customers can buy available quantities of old ones, or old + new, or all the requested quantity of new products only. All these should be working with the cart system too.
Most challenging part was to maintain hierarchy in the replacement product module, where we have to take care of old version products which are still available in stock. And allow new products to be placed simultaneously with old one until they are available in stock.
- PHP 7.3 and MySql 5.6.7
- Redis Cache
- Nexcess’s 2XL server
Need To Know
We are tech partners with SportsCat and continuously providing maintenance services and other features addition.
- One Step Checkout page related customization, third party extension compatibility and issue resolutions.
- Showing stock status images in product details page, configuration dropdown for child items, shopping cart and one step checkout pages and emails etc.
- Number of extension installation, configurations and customization like TaxJar, M2E Pro, Signifyd, One Step Checkout and many more.
- Regular upgrade of Magento and third party extensions.
- Design customization on a regular basis.
- Speed improvements and optimizations.